Dashdoc organises the release of new API versions to reflect new features and other changes.
As a general rule we always make these changes backwards compatible within a major version. When we're unable to do this, we create a new major version and we commit to support the older version of our APIs for a reasonable time.
The current supported versions are v3 and v4.
We consider the following list, which is not exhaustive, to be illustrative of the types of backwardly compatible changes we could make to the API:
- Adding new attributes to a response
- Reordering attributes in an existing response
- Adding a new endpoint
- Adding new methods to an existing endpoint
- Adding new query string parameters
- Adding new path parameters
- Adding new callback events
We strive to improve our API on an ongoing basis. This means that we do make changes to the API that results in new API versions. We will notify you ahead of a new release.